Vanilla Cupcakes by Eat Me
Thank you for looking ^.^
Preparation time: 40mins
Cooking time: 14mins
Total Time: 54mins
175g Softened Butter
175g Caster Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
175g Self Raising Flour
4 tbsps Milk (optional)
To Decorate: Vanilla & Strawberry Icing
3D Flowers (to decorate)
1. Pre-heat oven to 170c / Gas Mark 3
2. Put the butter & sugar into a large bowl & cream together with a fork until light & fluffy *Tip: soften butter before adding the sugar to create the best texture.
3. Pour & stir in vanilla extract & mix into the butter/sugar mixture.
4. Add & whisk in the eggs one at a time into the mixture using an electric whisk, whisk until smooth.
5. Stir in the flour bit by bit in to the mixture until it is smooth (5mins). *Tip: Stop half way through & scrape the sides down with a spatula. The more you whisk the more air you will get into your cupcakes (more air = fluffier cupcakes )
6. Pour in the milk bit by bit, you may not need all of the milk.
The milk is optional but I always add it as I find it makes the cupcakes so yummy, light, fluffy and moist
7. Pour into Cupcake Cases filling to just over half way.
8. Bake for 14mins (check them after 7mins) Leave for 30mins to cool.
9. Decorate with your choice of iceing & some of our lovely 3D Flowers.